Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 February 2014

February 18h - A bit of a gratitude rant -and emails

I'm a day late with my blogging. More than a day late on my other blog.  http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/ I'm slowly working on catching up. I will.

So here's what I've been thinking about lately. All the negativity around. I can admit, I'm known for complaining myself, but I'm noticing in particular negativity about positive Facebook posts. Why let things that are so little get to you. If something makes somebody else happy that seems insignificant to you - who cares? I try to post things about my day with a positive spin. I let people know when I've accomplished something, and I am proud of. I'm not going to stop doing this. I'm not sure if I do it to let others know what I accomplished, or to show off... or maybe it's simply because I'm a blabber mouth and fb is easier than picking up a phone. Here is something else, I enjoy reading other people's posts about great things they have done. Possibly because I, admittedly, post too much, I understand that if you're excited about something, you may as well share. If you're proud of yourself for doing a tremendous amount of exercise, or you are going on a trip, or wrote a damn book, why not celebrate with people who are in most cases, your friend? Basically, I feel bad about having sharing this blog on facebook because I don't want to be excessively happy about how great my life is. It's not always great, but this isn't the 'complaining, stressed out' blog, it's the 'I'm happy with my life and want to appreciate it' blog. I'll continue sharing.

And here is what I'm happy about today (yesterday). I'm grateful for my sister. We email every single day (more than once), even though we live in the same city. It started as a way to keep in touch when we lived in separate cities/provinces/countries, but now we continue it, and are able to catch up through out the day. I guess it's kind of like texting, but email is just as convenient. So I am happy for my sister. Cause she's awesome and so it the technology that allows us to speak as much as we'd like. (unless she forgets her phone at work.)



©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please return the favour and Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment