Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 April 2014

April 1 Old Friends

When I first moved back to the city a few years ago, I didn't really have a plan in place for my living situation. I was staying with my best friend, D, until I found my own place to live. I ended up meeting my future roommate at a baby shower she was throwing for a mutual friend. I mentioned I liked the location, and she mentioned she was looking for somebody to share a rent, and had a spare room.

It seemed like a pretty good deal, and easy enough. She did have two dogs, but that was fine.

So I moved in with her, and I think we lived together for almost two years. (Maybe not quite). We lived in one house, and then later different place because we had a bad luck streak with owners wanting to get rid of or sell their houses. So eventually, we went our separate ways.

We were both woman in our 30s, so living with somebody took a bit of getting used to. Luckily we shared a love for wine, books and great television shows.

I went through some rough times while living there, and I imagine I was hard to live with at times. I was lucky to have her. She kept me laughing, listened when I needed, and gave me space when I needed it.

Anyway, she now lives in Alberta, and we got to hang out again last night when she came into Saskatoon for a visit. It's one of those situations where you don't really realise how much you miss somebody until you see them again.

Long story short, I'm grateful for her friendship and for her great patience with me when we were roomies.

This picture is great because we took the smiling one, and we were like... 'something is wrong'. So we took the other because it felt WAY more natural.

 
©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please return the favour and Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.
 

Also check out http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/



No comments:

Post a Comment