Search This Blog

Saturday 17 May 2014

May 16&17 Happy with my life

May Long

Sometimes I find this Gratitude Blog silly. I feel like I don't need to update it online, and I sometimes feel like a hypocrite because I'm not always as positive as I'd like (see my other blog for proof). The reason I continue is because it's easy to post pictures and write my thoughts on the computer, and doing it publicly helps me share my writing at the same time. 

Also, it's helping. I take the time to be grateful for things now. I still have bad days, and I still complain about things, but I appreciate what I have. Sometimes, all it takes is for me to step back and look at all the great things I have. I actually have nothing to complain about most of the time. 

There is a thing called 100 days of happiness. I heard about it last month. It's similar to what I'm doing I guess, but this feels like less pressure to me. Either way, however you do it, feeling grateful about life is pretty useful privately or publicly. I've done 95 posts, and I'm pretty proud of that. I'll continue because I miss it when I don't do posts.

I am happy. Completely and annoyingly happy and thrilled that I have what I do in my life. 

Now that I've shared, I guess it's time to do my gratitude for yesterday and today.

May 16


We had a fundraiser for my work Relay for Life team. C, my sister and I went to The Laugh Shop (for some laughs). Some of my coworkers were there. It was a pretty fun night. Laughing is pretty much the best thing ever. Also a great start to the long weekend. 

May 17

C and I don't have plans for the long weekend, so I decided it would be fun to take a day trip. I hope we get to see a few great Saskatchewan destinations this summer. Places I haven't seen, and places I can show C.

Today we drove out to see a place called Crooked Bush.
The sign 'explaining' the Crooked Trees.
On the way there. Enjoying the day!

Crooked Trees
This is me with Flat Stanley. I'll be doing a post about him on my Writing Blog later.


It was pretty cool. It didn't take very long to see though. After that we just took our time, and took a little tour of the area. I took some great pictures while we drove.

River/scenery on the way home

'Flat' Saskatchewan 

Just a church. Out in the middle of nowhere.

Found a lake while exploring.

 We got back to Saskatoon and enjoyed a lunch/supper (Lupper) on a patio. Which, of course, is one of my favourite things to do. We talked about how lucky we are, we talked about my book and the characters in it, the past, the future. It was nice. We aren't planning to do a lot more with the weekend. Reading time and writing time, sleeping in, coffee, wine, Veronica Mars. Plus quality time with the best man in the world. My life is pretty great.

Original Joe's patio



Gratitude
©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


No comments:

Post a Comment