Search This Blog

Monday 26 May 2014

May 24-25 MY WEEKEND

I'm doing my weekend gratitude now because I followed through, and did no weekend blogging.

A lot went on this weekend.

I have heard sad news lately about people going through hard times, and I feel bad for them. It makes me appreciate what I have even more. I'm so lucky, and I know I say it a lot, but it's true. I've been through hard times. I've been through more loss than I would have liked, and I don't wish that on anyone. The loss never really ends though. It's a part of life that I'm not used to.

So my thoughts go out to anybody suffering lately. It sucks, and I wish there was some magical way to fix it. Life isn't fair.

I spent the weekend in a city called Moose Jaw. They even have a moose called Mac the Moose in this small, yet touristy, city.
Took this on the way out of the city.

I have a love/hate relationship with Moose Jaw. For a couple of simple reasons. Growing up, I used to love going there because travels to Moose Jaw meant visits with my Grandma and my aunt. I've spoken about both my grandma and my aunt before in my other blog. http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/ I don't have the exact links right now, but I'll look for them. Either way, the two of them were what made Moose Jaw great for me. They were both loving, fabulous, and strong woman. I love the memories, but I hate the reminders. The last time I was in MJ was for my aunt's funeral. It was a heart breaking weekend for everybody who had to say goodbye to her. It's over a year later, and it still hurts.

So... long story short because this is a gratitude blog, and not a sad blog (that's what the other is for, if needed), I went to a stagette in Moose Jaw, and I don't find Moose Jaw the happy place it once was.

However, a stagette is a fun celebration, and I'm glad I went. I guess it's silly to give up visiting some place because of the people who are no longer there. That doesn't really stop me from feeling the way I do. I got over it, and I had a great weekend with friends. My friend, D, was the one who put together the extraordinary party. I think for my memory (throwback) Thursday gratitude post, I'll have to share another example of her party throwing. Wait and see though. :) I've added pictures below of the day/night fun. I made myself the 'unofficial chronicler/photographer' of the event. 

True story, and I love wine...



Cards Against Humanity - important for EVERY event.

This one brought back memories to a time before as well. I lived in MJ for a year before going to University. My friends and I used to meet up here.

Delicious Mojito's at a nice restaurant.

We had a 'do it yourself' spa afternoon.

Some of the goodies. (not all though). Alcoholic jello and pudding. 

Heart shaped cheese and olives. Delicious and romantic.
We went swimming in the healthy spa water, went for frozen yogurt (FRO-YO), had some champagne, went out for a delicious supper, played some games and had some desserts, wine and the Bailey's pudding and Larger than Jello Shots jello. Then we went dancing. We didn't go until around midnight, and got home around 3am. It was a later night than I'm used to (ha b/c I'm old), but it was quite a bit of fun!

D and I headed home Sunday afternoon, and I got home just in time to head out with C to see my parent's soon to be new home. Someday it will be moved to their lot (and the house I grew up in will be gone), but they basically have a brand new house waiting for them, and they were pretty excited.

Teaser pick of the new kitchen.

Once again, my heart is feeling heavy for what others are going through, and I wish I could help, but I do know I have plenty of time to be grateful for what I have. (Including grateful for the time I spend (or have spent) with others, especially my aunt and grandma).


Gratitude
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.



No comments:

Post a Comment