Search This Blog

Thursday 29 May 2014

May 29: Throwback Thursday: My 30th

I mentioned in my weekend post that my friend, De, loves to throw a party. Not just any party though, a great party. She loves celebrating and making her friends happy. So when I turned 30, she offered to throw a party for me. And did she ever!



The theme was 30 Years of Erin. I cannot argue with that! The sign was on the back of the house, and almost as big as the house (as you can see.)

We invited all the people that are important to me (that could make it). There is something about being in a room full of people I love, I can't explain it, I just love it. That's why I still make sure I have a get together (smaller though) every year for my birthday, or why I invite people out to celebrate the fact that I wrote a book - because it gives me the chance to spend time with people I love, all in one place. Fills my heart full of happiness. I'm not going to share pictures of all those people because I want pictures of the actual décor, food and drinks. Just know I appreciated the people who came, and the person throwing the party more than I can say.

Back to the party. De made me a shot cake. That's right: a shot cake. Can you even find a better cake?


Shots and chasers. And LOTS of cheersing.


Following the theme! I got a real cake as well.


Got my own pin and drinking glass.

She went all out, and did everything she could to make my day all that it could be. Forever grateful to have a friend like her.



This edition of Throwback Thursday is complete.

I just want to add one more picture of my awesome parents. This is basically a grateful thing for any of the yesterdays, all of the todays, and my future. It's throwback as well because I just saw it while looking at my 30th party pics. They came out for it, and I know they will continue helping and being at events as longs as they possibly can. So glad to have them in my life.




Gratitude
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.



No comments:

Post a Comment