Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 July 2014

100 Days of Happiness

There is this thing going around: http://100happydays.com/

I've noticed a couple of my friends are participating, and I love seeing the posts.

Basically, you share a photo once a day for 100 days of happiness. Since, I've already posted more than 100 on this blog, I feel like I'll be able to accomplish the goal. I've learned a lot through these posts, like appreciating the small stuff (and the big stuff).

The website says 71% of people have tried and failed because they didn't have time to complete it. The actual page write up asks people don't have time to be happy. I'm not sure that that's why they quit. In fact that comment almost made me back out. It's quite possible they were too busy enjoying life to finish. Not participating has nothing to do with not being happy. Maybe they were happy to quit.

Either way, I'm still doing it. I get how sharing your happiness and looking for the great things, even on bad days helps! I think what I'll have trouble with is picking just one thing. I never seem to be able to on this blog.

I'll be doing mine through Instagram (Username: erinleahm) It's a private account, but I will usually  add followers when requested. I'll share one photo a day on Instagram (and from there through fb and twitter (username: mccrea_erin), and if I don't already have something I want to share on here, I'll be using it here as well.

I really didn't think I needed to do this because of my blog, and I'm probably correct, but I want to try it out either way. It's pretty easy to be happy. I encourage everybody to try it out as well.

It's also combining my two favourite things: obsessive picture taking and loving my life.

My first post: (first to 100happydays, but one of many gratitude posts).



#100happydays Day One: Hanging out with Karen and the boys for lunch. And garlic fries.

Gratitude

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment