Search This Blog

Sunday 6 July 2014

July 5&6 My Weekend, my family, my wonderful life


It's been a great weekend, celebrating great people with great people.

Today is my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. They are a great couple, a great love, and great parents.

We celebrated this milestone yesterday in my hometown. This place... My sister and I invited family and friends to their house. Actually, their TWO houses, as they've just had a new home delivered. The top photo is the house I grew up in (from age 3). The second is their brand new, made for them, retirement home. Literally right next door to the old house. The old one will be gone some day soon, and I'm pretty sure they will have a magnificent yard.

Not only did we celebrate 40 years, but they also got to give tours of their new place.

My sister and I had shirts made for the day. We wore them in Newfoundland, but didn't show the backs until their party. They were great. And if their daughters had any skills in sports, we could totally start a sports team. Too bad. Bowling maybe?




I love us. It was a great day. The weather was fabulous, the company was fabulous, and I got to see all my cousin's kids. I haven't seen them in too long. I'm mostly to blame. I don't go home enough. This might be the first time I've met, little baby feet. (below.)


And I had this guy by my side, helping and cooking! My heart.

Also, my mom has a great garden and beautiful flowers. That's how I know her new and huge yard is going to be great.


We stayed overnight. C and I got to try out the new house, while everyone else slept in the old one. That's right, we were kicked out of the house, and sent to the one without power. Kind of like being voted out of the Big Brother house? (haha). I'm kidding of course.

In the morning, we had breakfast, enjoyed time with the family that were still there, and then C and I came home. I took some pictures of the Prairie drive. It took me a while, but I love where I'm from. I'm surrounded by beauty. 







I'm so happy that I have my family. I see the family's that don't get along, and I'm grateful that while mine are good at bickering, we love each other, and are always there for one another. And we truly enjoy hanging out together. Be it a 9 day trip to Newfoundland, or a weekend celebrating two amazing people. 


Gratitude

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I was born in 1974. Your parents relationship is inspiring. The clouds in your photos are beautiful. And who doesn't love baby's feet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are inspiring. Great parents and people. :)
      And yeah, the clouds in Saskatchewan are always changing and doing something different. Pretty great day for picture taking.

      Delete