Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 August 2014

#100happydays 36 Gratitude for Robin Williams

August 12

I actually meant to mention this yesterday. The world is sad right now because a man with a lifetime of making us laugh has died. To be blunt, he killed himself. The death of celebrities doesn't make me as sad as it does others. I appreciate what they gave to the world, but I didn't personally know them. I think about their friends and family. I am sad about Robin Williams. His death seems to be serving as a voice for those fighting with depression, and to show we need help with mental illness. I think we should have known that by now, but I guess not.  I am glad people are using this tragedy as a way to teach people.



I have dealt with depression in my life, but I have never felt hopeless. I've been lucky, and I know that. I am grateful for that. I was texting C last night about it, and he said, "He always seemed sad to me." He's right. Through the laughter and the jokes, he probably was sad. He didn't share that aspect of his life, and he didn't need to.


I grew up watching Robin Williams. I've already shared Hook and Mrs. Doubtfire. I'm also sharing a You tube clip of Aladdin. Those were the most watched movies during different times in my childhood. I'm grateful for the laughter he shared.


There have been a lot of tragedies in the world in the past few years. Things I would consider worse than a celebrity death, but that doesn't make it better for the people who loved him. At least with this death, we are able to look back at all the laughter we've had in our lives because of him. (Plus, he did great serious roles).

As for my #100happydays post, I was emailed a picture today. It made me happy that Dave and Debbie thought of me while travelling.





Gratitude

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment