Search This Blog

Sunday 7 December 2014

Tis the Season (to see)

December 1-7 (The first seven days of the last month of 2014!)

Monday, December 1

Starbucks is all I need for a great day.

A year ago today. Finished my first novel. Crazy!

Made my first batch ever of nuts and bolts. I burnt half of them. (not this half).

I also mailed more than 50 Christmas cards. Christmas love to all! (All the ones who I have addresses for).



Tuesday December 2nd (CLINT'S BIRTHDAY!!!!)

Making dessert. Gluten free chocolate mint brownies!

The best roast ever for his birthday supper.

PRESENTS!!!


Finally, we both have flasks.


Sparkler. Also, he got a job in town, so it was a celebration for his birthday, and to see each other every night! I love this guy, and I love celebrating him.

Wednesday, December 3rd

From a coworker!! Best ever.

Last official day of wearing glasses before my eye surgery. (After wearing thick glasses for about 25 years).




From another coworker, for the entire Creative crew!


Thursday, December 4th 

Half the day in glasses. Different pair than the day before. Why not? Never have to wear them again!


Right after the surgery. Cool Lasik shades to protect my seeing (and slightly blurry) eyes.

See that exit sign? Yeah. So did I.

I'm thankful for the surgery, and thankful my Mom came to pick me up, and drive me to my appointment the next day. 

Friday, December 5th

Basically, I had a three thousand plus dollar miracle. Seriously. Seeing. Awesome right?

Somebody else can have mine! I don't need 'em!

Breakfast with my mom after the after surgery appointment. Nummy. (And, I could see it).

Then home, to take it easy and relax. With drops, chocolate, and wine.

This is my superhero outfit. Judge if you want.

A bit of healing for my eyes to get rid of the red marks.


Best Christmas movie. Thanks to Netflix for having the classics. (Scrooged).

One other thing to mention about December 5th. My friend, Cameron, would have been celebrating his birthday. Unfortunately, he was killed in a car accident a few years ago. He was also my ex-boyfriend. It's a hard day, but always a good reminder to live life to the absolute fullest and enjoy EVERY moment. (Even it it's as little as watching Scrooged on Netflix).


Saturday, December 6th
 Christmas stuff! Trees, wrapping presents, celebrating a day off together.
We went for a real tree this year.


Side note... New rubbermaid containers!!!

For the door.

New paper! Purple!!!

This picture, doesn't capture many things that were happening at that moment. It doesn't capture my love for this man, my absolute happiness and awe at my life, it doesn't capture the smell of the tree. It was all there. I just couldn't fit all that love into one picture.

Leaving it for the night, and decorating in the morning.

These gifts are wrapped with love and a HELL of a lot of imperfection. It's better than way. (This is the bottom though.)


Sunday December 7th (TODAY)

We got up and had coffee and breakfast, then turned on the Christmas music and started decorating our beautiful and huge tree!











Then, an hour later, the Christmas tree fell over. The tree is too big, and the tree stand, is too weak to hold the strong tree in. We fixed it, and set the glass ornaments to the side, just in case it wasn't done being stubborn. None of the ornaments broke in the fall, so we had that to be happy about.The presents also made it through the horror.
Twenty minutes later, while I was making lunch, it fell again. It definitely wasn't for lack of love! I gave it all the love I could!!
So, phase two...

This beautiful tree is staying up with help!





We will redecorate tomorrow, and get the presents back under it. For now, it's getting love from a far.  
It's been quite the day. But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Also, I'd just like to mention that I'm seeing all of this without glasses or contacts.





Until Next week... 

Gratitude


"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.



No comments:

Post a Comment